Hi, and welcome to my blog!
I'm fuSe, and this is my first post so I want to make it an introduction not only for you guys but also to myself to how this whole thing is going to be like.
The blog is very much still in concept phase, and I have very good experiences with including my audience in what I do as much as possible.
So in this post I'm going to give a a brief overview of what my blog is going to be about, and the concept so far. That way I'll find out if this something people want to read, and if so exactly what you want to read!
- I'm a 19 year old Esport enthusiast (Electronic Sport), and for the time being focusing on SC2 (Starcraft II: Wings Of Liberty).
- I was a salesman for about a year before I got bored with that, then I started a company that offered courses on how to communicate and sell better (in danish), I only got to do one course before I got hired as a coach and teamleader and put my own team together.
- I've done archery for about 5 months, in those 5 months I won the everything I participated in except for the first cup I participated in including the Regionals and Nationals. I quickly got bored with how easy it was and the lack of hardcore competition.
- I did breakdancing for 6 months where I got the job as trainer after 3, did 1 show and 1 competition which I won after a re-battle with another guy for the first place who'd done it for more than 4 years.
- I love learning and improving myself in all possible aspects of life. And it's without doubt been one of the most defining factors in my life.
- I played Warcraft III for about a year (another Real Time Strategy Game which is similar to SC2 in many ways).
- I participated in the SC 1on1 learning program, which was a coach to student internet class on how to get good at Starcraft Brood War (the predecessor to SC2), which of course is alot similar to Starcraft II but not the same game by far.
- I like Korean instant noodles (get them!), and I love Microsoft OneNote (if you haven't tried that program out, check it out. A super useful very customizable tool that can be used for many things.)
Since I already write alot down on my practice routines, what I need to improve on, what I'm losing to, my strengths and weaknesses etc. just for the sake of my own improvement. I really liked the idea of writing about it in a blog! I've recently been giving the whole blog thing some thought, I just didn't realize what to blog about, that's where I needed my friend to tell me the obvious, to write about what I dedicate most of my time to every day, the thing I'm gradually getting better at than anything else.
So the plan is to use this blog as a tool that I combine with videos that I think I'll be doing on blip.tv.
An example could be a video following my practice over the course of a week or even just a day, talking about what I've learned how I did it and how I approach different obstacles I meet on my journey.
It could be about how I've implemented insights on SC2 to other sides of my life. I would then maybe write a blog entry on how to do scout a 4 gate if I've been practicing against 4 gate or maybe some notes I've written on the topic over the course of months of practice. So that the two can be a combination, a symbiotic creation, the 8th wonder of the world.
I have also today registered an account on Twitter for the sake of being able to keep you updated on new videos or whatever I feel like is important to all of you readers/viewers.
I will be recording my 1st video shortly, and I have ideas of my own for a lot of videos.
But I wanted to ask you as one of my first readers:
- What would you like to see a video about, and in any special requests for the 1st video?
- Does this whole concept sound intriguing to you? If so, what does and what doesn't?
- Is something missing?
- I will improve my blogging skills immensely if there is interest! But before I truly dedicate myself to something I usually want to know there's a good reason to do so, in this case interest from you guys! So do you want me to invest time in being a better blogger?
As I implied earlier your feedback is much appreciated, if there is any interest I will make content with the niceness!
And I know it can seem like alot of work to give feedback, but all I'm asking is just to answer one of the questions above. It will benefit the quality of the content alot. :)
fuSe - Praccin To The Supererogatory
PS: This blog entry was written a couple of weeks ago, on another site. Since then I've found starcraft-source.com and is now working with the crew here, and thought this was still a good introduction, so please don't accuse me of lying if dates are slightly off. ^^